Cost Saving Tips When Planning A Funeral or Cremation
Published: August 15,
Nobody wants to talk about it, or even think about it. The cost of a funeral or cremation is one of the major expenses most people will make in their life, but many prepare the least for it.
In this blog
1. Shop around! I can't stress the importance of shopping around. Most people do not realize that the cost of a funeral or cremation can vary thousands of dollars between two funeral homes in the same town. Simply, calling around or asking for a General Price List in person can save your family thousands when you need it most. To really save time, find a funeral home that is
2. Stay away from pushy funeral directors trying to sell you a package. There are usually items in the package you are paying for that you do not want or need. Instead, build your own package, by picking only the items
3. Purchase your casket from another funeral home, or casket store. Perhaps one funeral home can save you hundreds or thousands on the same casket. Purchase your casket there instead of at the funeral home handling the arrangements. Did you know the Federal Trade Commission protects you when doing this, and the servicing funeral home
4. Take your pre-arrangement from one funeral home to a lower priced funeral home. Now, be careful with this and do your homework. Ask questions at both funeral homes.
5. Select a cemetery that does not require and outer burial container or vault.
Here is a video I did on the subject not long ago. Tips On How To Save Thousands When Choosing A Funeral Home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOdNuqQTp_c&t=15s
Vilonia Funeral Home in Faulkner County is an affordable funeral home and cremation service offering each family personal, respectful, and dignified service. Vilonia Funeral Home is a local funeral home that is family owned and operated by the Matos Family. We proudly serve Faulkner County and the communities of Conway, Vilonia, and Greenbrier. For more information about how Vilonia Funeral Home can save your family thousands on funeral and cremation costs, give us a call at 501-796-2275 or come by the office at 1134 Main Street Vilonia, AR. 72173.